THE ULTIMATE AND LIGHTWEIGHT TRIPOD FOR THE BACKPACK WITH A CAMERA



The problem is that tripods are often heavy and that, for some reason, people do not seem to like spending enough money for good money. If you are someone who is trembling at the thought of spending more than $ 100 for a tripod, I could stop you here because this article is an unrestricted solution to the question. I realize that many people can not afford or at least spend money on an ultralight tripod like this, but this is not an article entitled "What is the best ultralight tripod for backpaking?". This article is the ultimate solution,

THE BEST LIGHTWEIGHT TRIPOD

The Tripod we are talking about today is the Really RightStuff TFC-14, associated with the Really Right Stuff BC-18 Microball, and the combination of these two elements is remarkable. RRS has been selling a TQC-14 tripod for many years and since I first came on the market, it was the most important tripod for me. The TQC version had a quick column in the middle to add extra height. However, with the new TFC version, the column has been removed to save weight. I recorded a TFC-14 as soon as I saw it on its website and if you already have a TQC-14 tripod, a conversion kit will be sold because the legs are identical between the two models. Nice to offer them, I think!
The 4-part tripod can be folded to just 17.2 inches. This means not only that the backpack does not feel too twisted when it is attached to the side of the backpack, as usual, but that it fits perfectly to many packaging that might be useful if you want them keep dry or dust free. Many of the larger hiking backpacks, such as my 50L Arcteryx Bora 50, have a "Kagaroo bag" on the front for quick access diapers, and I've also found a good place for this little tripod.


BC-18 MICRO BALL

I used the RRS BH-30 patella on my TQC-14, but there is a lighter option called BC-18 Microball, which is really unique. This little thing is not like a conventional kneecap and lacks a few movements like a normal kneecap, but it compensates more than its small size and light weight. The most important thing you should know about this is that you can not "tilt" your Tripod Head to 90 degrees because it only has a tilt of about 45 degrees in each direction. To take a picture in portrait orientation, you must use an L-shaped hook on the camera (see photos). I have L-hooks on all the cameras, so it does not matter. The BC-18 can support a really incredible weight for its size. I used everything up to my giant Canon 200-400 f / 4 L IS, one of the heaviest super telephoto lenses in the world! I certainly trust him with a professional DSLR setup of virtually any size.


RUN ENTIER

The BH-30 weighs 328 g since I set it up with a quick clamp, but the BC-18 weighs only 109 g! This represents an additional weight gain of 219 g for my small project: lighten the load! The weight gain when switching from TQC-14 to lighter TFC-14 and BH-30 to BC-18 is 359 g.
If you're counting on my recently announced small weight loss project, I've saved up to 1617g, bringing my total to 1976g! Two kilos! We are approaching the weight of a Canon 5D Mark IV with a 16-35mm lens, which is most commonly used for my landscape photographs. 2 kg is also the weight of a big bag of sugar.


Related Articles: Best tripod under 200


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The best travel tripod in 2019: Best photo graphy Equipment

The best tripods for macro photography: The lightweight Tripod For backpacking 2019

Best Tripod Under 500: Most purchased Tripod under This price range